- The Patrol Leader is elected by the patrol and leads the Troop by ensuring youth leaders are performing their duties. The PL will seek guidance from the Scoutmasters and delegate tasks accordingly to the Scouts. It is the PL’s responsibility to ensure everything is ready for all campouts, events, and meetings.
Reports to: The Scoutmaster and Assistance Scoutmasters
Adult Mentor: Scoutmaster/Assistant Scoutmasters
Patrol Leader Duties:
- Meet weekly (via phone) with scoutmaster to decide on items to execute/work on during the week, look ahead to events and to decide on items for the meeting planner. PL needs to come to this having already looked at items ahead of time as to lease the discussion.
- At least 3 days before meeting, organize a list of upcoming events (found on calendar) and prepare a complete meeting planner template and submit to scoutmaster.
- The meeting prior to an event and following up until the day of, ensure all assigned tasks are being carried out by assigned scouts as well as other youth leaders such as APL, Quartermaster and check scribes notes for clarity.
- Ensure full campout planner is complete 1 week before campout and submitted to Quartermaster and scoutmaster
- Receive instruction from the Scoutmasters at campouts, meetings, and events in order to run and delegate to scouts as needed.
- Enlist the help (when necessary) of the APL to make calls to the scouts to gather head counts from scouts for campouts and activities as required
- Represent and maintain order at the patrol at all meetings and at the annual program planning conference.
- Regularly check email as to ensure troop master communication is complete and not missing anything. If problem report to scoutmaster.
- Keep scouts leaders and parents informed of all upcoming activities.
- Help ensure all scouts are contributing to duties at meetings, campouts and activities
- Set the example.
- Wear the Scout uniform correctly.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Show Scout spirit.
- Leadership role counts toward rank: Star, Life, Eagle
No Unexcused Absence. Must notify APL & Scoutmaster when unable to attend an event.
Family Emergencies Will Not Count Against Scout